Wednesday 2 October 2013

The beginning...

Back in July I managed to find just what I was after on Ebay.  A 1963 C110 Honda, in need of some serious TLC but complete and ready for restoration.

With a bit of help from my good friend Nick, and the boot of his Mondeo, it was liberated from the middle of London.





Going over it, back at home, it was clear that some parts were in generally good condition.  The chassis finish and the tank weren't too bad.  However, some other parts were in a terrible state.  All the chrome parts were badly corroded with the underlying metal very pitted, basically a write off.  Still I was confident that I'd be able to slowly source the parts I needed from Ebay and the like.




A nice little discovery, at the back of the tax disc holder, was the last two tax discs.  With 10,230 miles on the clock I can well believe it hasn't been taxed since 1970.



No comments:

Post a Comment