Sunday 18 May 2014

One week in.

The C110 has been on the road for a week now, and so far things are going OK.  I double checked the points gap during the week and it was a bit tight, effectively retarding the ignition.  After resetting the gap the spread of torque was increased (slightly!) and the bike will sit at 40mph more comfortably on the flat.

I filled up mid-week, to get a feel for the fuel economy.  Up to that point it managed 130mpg, which I found a bit disappointing really.  However, the ignition was a bit retarded and the over flowing float chamber won't have helped.  I'll see what it is at the end of next week, I should have another 100 miles on it by then.

The chain has needed adjusting a few times, as has the headset, and I had a slightly unnerving discovery on getting home one day when I found that the swinging arm nut had gone AWOL.  Other than that there has been no maintenance necessary.

I've got used to the handling now, and am quite enjoying throwing it through the corners.  I'm missing the speed of my other bikes though!

Finally, I owe a thanks to Dan of Covent Garden Laminates who made up some really neat stickers to fit on the front number plate board. It makes for a nice bit of advertising space!  Thanks Dan.


No comments:

Post a Comment