Friday 1 August 2014

For sale!

With the rally over, and having had a few weeks off to recover, I've now given the little Honda a good service.  With the points readjusted it's now running as well as it ever has, and I quite enjoyed the commute to work on it one day this week.

So now comes the hard part.  It was always the intention to sell the bike when the rally was completed, with me donating the sale price to the sponsorship total (~£3100 so far!).  It will be hard to part with it, after having put so much effort into restoring it, but I'm sticking to the original plan.

It is difficult to peg it's worth, as they don't come up for sale often in a restored state.  Project bikes, like this was at the start, usually go for ~£500 which is what I paid.  The only restored bike for sale which I'm aware of was originally sold at auction for £2000, although it is currently listed on Ebay for £5000!

I know what I think the bike is worth, and I'm open to offers.  It has been thoroughly restored, as the story on this blog and the article in this months Classic Motorcycle Mechanics will testify.  It is not a concurs restoration, but it has been restored to what I feel is a high standard.

V-Ten motorcycles in Thornbury have very kindly offered to display the bike in their shop, so if you are local you can have a look at it in the flesh.  Alternatively if you would like any other information on the bike, or additional photos to support the ones on the blog, then please get in touch with me here.

Finally, who ever does buy the bike will know that through their purchase a sizeable donation will have been made to a charity that are working very hard to reduce the numbers of men that die from prostate cancer each year (~10,000 at the moment).

C110 post-rally

C110 ready for the rally 

Freshly restored 

 Freshly restored 

Freshly restored 

No comments:

Post a Comment