Sunday 9 March 2014

Engine in!

With the wheels now properly fitted, having installed new bearings, grease seals and brake shoes, I've managed to slot the engine into the frame.






Whilst I've not fitted the right hand engine case (I'm waiting on the kick start shaft seal) I have fitted the ignition system.  I've opted to ditch the points and condensor set up for a CDI system. It was a relatively cheap Ebay purchase and I've heard some good reports of them.  With the coil plate in place I just need to find somewhere to tuck the CDI unit itself away.  I'm hoping that this approach will give me a more reliable set up than the standard configuration.  I've a few other tweaks planned for the electrics, but they'll be done over the coming weeks.


Apart from completing the engine assembly the main focus of the next week or so will be the electrics.  This will also involve cleaning up the front indicators and switch gear so I can wire them in.  There are a few repairs needed to the switch gear loom, and the internal wiring of the switch gear itself. Nothing that a steady hand and a soldering iron can't fix though!





No comments:

Post a Comment