Monday 9 December 2013

Ready for cleaning.

All engine parts have been removed from the cases.  I've given the cases a wipe out and they're now in the pile of bits waiting for vapour blasting. 

I like gearboxes.  There I've said it.  I always 'lose' a half hour or so when working on an engine having a play with the gearbox.  The mechanical action of selecting the different gears fascinates me.  I have a mind to take some of the numerous spares I have accumulated and make myself a desk toy for work out of them.  Beats a Newton's Cradle!


With the cases split but with the crank still fitted you can see the dipper used to lubricate the engine internals.  It protrudes from the bottom of the crank and scoops up oil, flinging it onto the gearbox internals.  Like a lot of the engineering on this bike, it's simple but effective.






No comments:

Post a Comment