Friday 11 April 2014

Close, but no "brum-braa"

So it wasn't quite possible to get the bike running this week, but I'm close!

I spent quite a while getting confident that the wiring loom was all correct.  I'd expected that the powder coating of the frame was going to effect the earth continuity in a number of places, but it took longer to resolve than I'd hoped.  Still, I'm now confident the electrics are all working OK, at least the ones that don't require the engine to be running.  My only concern is that the spark looks a bit weak, I might have to try swapping to one of the other ignition coils that I have.

I've also got the refurbished speedo fitted, it's good to see the 'cockpit' looking so different to how it was at the start of the project.


Finally, the exhaust is on, and with the heat guards fitted.  This was definitely a 'glory job', nice and easy to do but it gave me a great deal of satisfaction when I stood back to look at it.  I'm tantalisingly close now, I just need to fit the oil lines and I'll be ready to attempt firing it up.  Oh, and sort out what to do with the mouse eaten air filter...




No comments:

Post a Comment