Sunday 20 April 2014

No words necessary...




... well maybe just a few.  After dealing with a leaking float chamber (I need to buy some gasket material to make a new one), buzzing out the ignition coil and about 150 kicks I'd had no joy.  So, knowing that all worked well with the original ignition system way back at the start I removed the CDI setup.  It was a bit of a pain, necessitated removing the flywheel, stator plate and rewiring.  However, it was worth it as she started second kick.

I don't doubt the CDI will work, but there are some ambiguities in the instructions about the installation and (for now) I just need to get her on the road and get some miles under my belt.

After that second kick I'm not ashamed to admit that I performed a clenched fist victory dance around the garage, topped off with a few rather loud shouts.  It's a relief to say the least.

As it's a bit late I didn't run the engine to get it warm, so the idle mixture needs tweaking.  It's also shown up an oil leak from the gravity return through the cylinder head.  The head will have to come off again whilst I investigate.  But I don't care.  SHE RUNS!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment